Search This Blog

02 November, 2011

Sweet-N-Spicy Stir Fried Tofu

I made a trip to the Chinese market today. 
Serena, the cute little lady that owns it, sent me a text to let me know that my
veggie buns finally came in.  I love her! 

Of course I couldn't just get veggie buns. 
Bailey has been asking for Miso Soup so I got tofu and miso paste
for that and decided to experiment with some of the tofu tonight. 


1. I used the same sauce that I made for the dumplings the other day.

 2. Chop the tofu and marinate in the sauce.

3. In a little bit of sesame oil and olive oil I sauteed garlic, ginger, onion and red pepper.
Remove them from the pan and set aside

4. Add a little more sesame and olive oil to saute the tofu.
Brown the tofu, add the veggies back in and pour in the sauce. 
5. This would be great over noodles or rice. 
I made brown rice to serve it over.

6. Topped with chopped green onions. 
I would have also added chopped cilantro but I'm all out.

Tofu eez goooooood!




4 comments:

Cory Lynn said...

Yay. Tofu. I love tofu. I keep a 3 pond circular weight i n my kitchen just to press the liquid out.

Alysnlee said...

Yeah, I didn't even think about doing that. The tofu kinda just melted in my mouth. Tasted good, but melted. If I would have done that it would have had more texture.

Note to self: get a weight.

What kind of weight do you use?

Cory Lynn said...

It takes about 30 minutes. I slice it, wrap it in a bunch of paper towels, set a plate on top, and then the weight. I imagine a bunch of plates would do the same thing. You just need slow steady weight.

Alysnlee said...

I'm going to try the plates and then I'm going to try to bread it with panko and fry it.