Search This Blog

08 June, 2011

Ahi Tuna and Shrimp Kabobs

In this hot weather I do everything thing that I can to avoid turning on my oven.  Our grill will be getting lots of action this summer.  I've been craving seafood lately so I made a trip to the market and stocked up.  This meal was had an Asian twist. 

::Ingredients::
2 Tuna steaks
10 Large Shrimp
Zuchini
Yellow Squash
Yellow Onion
Brown Rice

Cook rice in rice cooker with a 1/8 tsp fresh ginger and a clove of garlic.

Slice Tuna into thick square chunks and marinate for 20 minutes only.

::Marinade::
1/4 C Soy Sauce
1/4 C Mirin
1/8 tsp Sesame Oil
3 T Sugar
1 Green Onion
1/2 tsp Fresh Ginger

Preheat the grill!!

Peel and de-vein shrimp, skewer and season with toasted sesame oil and salt.  Slice zuchini and squash into long strips and season with sesame oil and salt.  Quarter onion and skewer. 

Grill the veggies for a little while first until they are almost done and then add on the seafood.  Cook tuna to a medium rare and shrimp until they turn cooked through.

ENJOY!!

3 comments:

Margot said...

Looks great! I'd like to make this tonight for company. How many did this serve? How much tuna did you use?

Alysnlee said...

I used 2 tuna steaks and only served 2. We had left overs but not really that much!

Alysnlee said...

I'd love to hear how it turned out!!!