Search This Blog

07 November, 2011

Millet

I will be making this more! Bailey told me this was the best thing on her dinner plate! Can't argue with that considering the others were canned green beans (I have a secret love affair with canned green beans....shhhhhh!) and a mediocre pan seared pork chop. She was right! The millet took the prize tonight! Hers was extra good with a pad of butter melted into it!

I'm trying to use up small amounts of random grains that I have in my pantry and millet was the first thing I grabbed this morning!

In a medium sauce pan I toasted 1 C of millet in just a little bit of olive oil and flax seed oil mixed. It started to smell like popcorn and smoked a little. That is when I knew it was time to add the water.

2 C water
A pinch of caraway seeds, sea salt, black pepper, fried garlic flakes and flax seeds
1 bay leaf
A chunk of white onion

Cover and simmer for 30 mins

Fluff and serve!!!

P.S. I did not stage the position of the onion. I stirred it and this is how it stayed! Pretty cool if I do say so myself!

No comments: