Search This Blog

12 November, 2011

Lime Juicy Juice

I always need lime juice handy.  I use it in drinks and in almost everything I cook.  I feel like a traitor to cooking when I use the store bought kind in the bottle (plus it has a weird fake-like after taste to me).  Fresh lime is good but my favorite is the lime juice I can get out of my juicer.

I first cut "almost" all of the skins off.  If you leave them all on the lime juice will not be good.  I will leave a tiny bit of the skin on for juicing and it adds a great zestiness to it.

Next, after mostly peeling about 30 limes, I juice them.  Afterwards I put it all in a Ziplock baggie and freeze it.  It stays oily enough to kind of make a slushy.  Once every couple of hours I will shake the bag around to break it up while it freezes, too.

J and I have been doing this for a long time and we both love having this zesty juice on hand all the time.

1 comment:

Alysnlee said...

Yum! I'm going to try this for sure!