Search This Blog

21 November, 2011

Thanksgiving Feast

For 33 years I have eaten the same dishes for Thanksgiving! Every year....same recipes.....same old things. I am taking the reins this year and creating a Thanksgiving Feast with as many new dishes as I can get away with without making my sweet Grandmother too uneasy and out of her comfort zone.

I am planning to make Ina Gartner's white truffle butter turkey, homemade from scratch dressing w/ leeks and mushrooms, brussel sprouts w/ pancetta and shallots, sweet potato hash w/ bacon, roasted garlic mashed potatoes and a few of the must have classics.

I'm even contemplating making two types of gravy. I've seen a couple shows where they put chopped hard boiled eggs in the turkey gravy. It sounds too tempting not to try but I can't just make that. So if I do I will make both normal greasy pan dripping gravy and also egg gravy.

I will be making yeast rolls with my Grandmother on Wednesday and have to say that I'm most excited about having her teach me her secret recipe. There are no words to explain how addicting her rolls are. I know that I will cherish this time with her and this recipe.

Stay tuned....I'll share!!!