Search This Blog

10 May, 2011

"The Miracle Noodle" - Shirataki (Yam Noodle)

If you haven't heard about these you are going to love me for telling you about them. I heard they've been mentioned on some talk shows like Dr. Oz and Rachel Rae and they are highlighted in the HCG diet menus also. 

I found them in Findlay at the Chu-Smith Asian Market in The Carriage House Plaza (back behind the old Dunkin Donuts!).  I go there at least once a week to get my veggie buns that I eat for breakfast.  The little lady that owns it, Serena, loves to show me new things to try and happened to mention that she was carrying these now.  She was out of them that day because people found out that she has them and are crazy about them, so I went back and got them today.  I can not wait to start cooking with these!  If you go there tell her that I sent you and while you are there pick up a pack of the veggie buns too.  I know you will love them.  They make the perfect breakfast!! 


 NO CALORIES, NO FAT, NO CARBS!!!




Here is a video that I found that tells a little bit about them and how to prepare them.  I will be experimenting with them and will post recipes using these in the next couple days/weeks/months!   


ENJOY!

No comments: