Search This Blog

09 November, 2011

Chipotle Pumpkin and White Bean Enchiladas

I know, I know...this one is weird! 
I needed to use up the rest of my roasted pumpkin, spent some time staring into my pantry and
this is what I came up with.

I was going to make a soup but I currently have a freezer full of soup that I made 2 weeks ago and haven't touched since.  I was in a Mexican mood all day today. 
I even got myself some Taco Bell for lunch. 

::RECIPE::
Saute onions and garlic in olive oil

::Add::
1 Can Great Northern Beans rinsed
1 Can (about 11/2 C) Pumpkin
1 T Rotel Tomatoes drained

::Season with::
S & P
Chipotle Chili Powder
Chili Powder
Garlic Powder
Cumin
Oregano

Saute everything together to cook out most of the moisture
Puree it all together in a food processor.  Season to taste.

Steam corn tortillas.

Fill with pumpkin bean mixture.

Roll, place in baking dish.

Top with green enchilada sauce and cheese.

Bake @ 350 for about 15 min.

Top with sour cream
(I would have used green onions, cilantro, lettuce, tomatoes as well
 if I would have had them on hand, but I didn't.)

Serve!



You will be very pleasantly surprised by this!
Promise!!!

No comments: