Search This Blog

17 January, 2012

Broiled Halibut w/ Wilted Spinach and Mushroom Risotto



Monday night was healthy cooking class #2 with my Mom! 
We have decided that every Monday we will be a seafood night! 
I have no problems with that!!
I had one last package of halibut that my brother Patrick caught and brought home with him from Alaska this summer.  I figured it was time to get it out of the freezer.
That was a really good idea, if I do say so myself!


This might look elegant and complicated, but it really is quite simple!

Halibut marinated in fresh lemon juice, brushed with butter,
seasoned with S&P and broiled until golden brown.

Arborio rice mixed with sauteed mushrooms, onions, garlic in a little olive oil. 
Add a little bit of chicken broth at a time until the rice is creamy and cooked through completely. 
It will take about 30-40 mins.  Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice at the end.
Viola.....Risotto!

Fresh baby spinach added to a saute pan with a little olive oil and fresh garlic.  Saute until wilted.  Season with S&P.

I do not have calorie counter on this meal but I can guarantee they were low!

I served it with a baked Pear, almond and Gorgonzola salad and
a simple peach crisp for dessert!

I love cooking with my mom!

P.S.  My daughter was also involved in this one.  She specifically asked if I would fry her a fillet so that she could make her own tarter sauce.  Of course I can.  We might need to watch our calories but a 6 year old asking for fried halibut, spinach and risotto.....there is nothing wrong with that! She got what she asked for and ate a huge dinner.  Win, win!! 

No comments: