Search This Blog

05 January, 2012

Bánh Mì inspired sandwich

Inspired by Cory's new discovery and because I'm not sure when I will be able to get my food addicted hands on one, I decided to make something that resembles the authentic sandwich from the research I've done and descriptions I have on them.

I thinly sliced pork and marinated it over night in a little bit of fish sauce, seasoned with S&P, layered it flat in my steamer and steamed it for just a couple minutes until it was tender and just cooked through.

I pickled shredded carrot and daikon root in a simple pickling mixture of 1/4C water, 1/4C Sugar and 1/2C rice vinegar. WARNING: this stinks, but the flavors are amazing!

Time to build:
Crusty toasted French bread
Light mayo
Japalenos
Cucumber
Cilantro
Picked carrots and daikon root
Steamed pork
Crusty toasted French bread

Although it is probably nothing like the real thing, it was quite delicious!

I will be making another for dinner!

No comments: