Search This Blog

03 October, 2011

Marsala Wine....

I cooked dinner for my Mom and Grandmother tonight! Grilled pork chops, corn on the cob and brown rice pilaf! As I was finishing the rice I saw a bottle of marsala wine sitting on the counter. I've never used it before but have always wanted to try it. So....I did!

I put a little olive oil and onion in a sauce pan and sautéed until tender. The deglazed the pan with marsala. I added about 2 C of wine and let it simmer and reduce for a couple minutes. Seasoned with salt and thickened with a little corn starch slurry, it made the most amazing sauce over the pork chops!

My Grandmother decided that she wants me to make her Chicken Marsala for her birthday dinner Friday night! I've never made it before but I've got it all planned out in my head. It's gonna be SO good!!

Recipe coming soon!!!

No comments: