Search This Blog

09 October, 2011

Chicken Marsala

I have never made this or even ordered it at a restaurant before, but after playing with the Marsala wine the other night, I couldn't wait to try this! It was so easy and delicious! Along with garlic mashed red skin potatoes and sautéed zucchini, carrots and squash, it made the perfect Birthday dinner for my sweet Grandmother!

••The Steps••
Butterfly chicken breasts
Season with S&P
Brown both sides in olive oil
(I used an electric skillet)
Put in casserole dish and bake at 375 while you make the sauce

In the same skillet sauté mushrooms, shallots and garlic until they are all tender (I used baby Bella mushrooms)
Add LOTS of Sweet Marsala wine
(I used 1/2 bottle- I was feeding 6 adults)
Let the wine simmer and reduce by about 1/2
Season with salt to taste
Thicken with corn starch slurry as needed

Return the chicken and all of the juices to the skillet

Coat the chicken with the sauce, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through

ENJOY!!!

I will be making this with beef tenderloin next!!!

No comments: