Search This Blog

20 March, 2011

Sweet n Sour Beef and Vegetables

My plan was to make Mongolian beef but when I started to round up my ingredients I was all out of soy sauce. So I switched gears and decided on this.

Ingredients:

Flank Steak sliced paper thin against the grain

Sear quick in a little bit of olive oil and sesame oil just to medium rare and set aside in a bowl.

In the same pan add a little more olive oil and sesame oil and saute the following together until the broccoli is tender:

2 small onions sliced

2 cloves garlic minced

1 leek chopped

2 C broccoli

Make the Sweet n Sour sauce in a separate pan while the veggies cook.

Mix beef, veggies and sauce together all in one pan and serve over your favorite noodles or rice. I added a couple drops of hot chili oil to mine and it was great! Enjoy!!!!!

P.S. I really need to stop taking these pictures with my phone. The pictures don't look half as good as the food actually is.

No comments: