Search This Blog

14 February, 2011

My food discoveries this week!!!

I was trying to diet this and last week. I'm not very good at that. But I must say I did give it a good shot. I thought that eating soup would work. Not really!! I need meat and carbs (noodles mostly) and anything else that I see that looks delicious. Anyways.....while trying to eat good I made a few discoveries.



This is all that you need to make a delicious soup broth. It is Miso Paste. This was one of the ingredients that I needed to make Miso soup. I spent 1/2 hour making a special broth, Dashi, that was required for authentic Miso soup. Once that was gone I wanted more so instead of going through all of the steps I dissolved about 3 T of this in 2 C of water and viola.....perfect miso soup broth. Add in any noodle, veggie, meat, fish or tofu desired and you are all set!!!




This is my new favorite condiment. I picked it up at the Japanese market to use as a dipping sauce for spring rolls that I made earlier last week. It is so good! I've used in in sauces on noodles, stir fry and salad dressing. It has a nice sweet flavor with a little bit of spice. YUM!!!!







Dark Chocolate should always be made with "a touch of sea salt"!












I CAN bake.....but I still don't like it!!!








and most importantly of all.............

.....I don't know how I lived almost 33 years without these!

All in all it's been a very educational week. Now if I could just find some time to type of some of my recipes for this week I would be all set!!!!

No comments: