Search This Blog

14 February, 2011

I love her!!!

Bailey Elizabeth, my 5 1/2 year old daughter, is slowly and surely turning into a tiny mini-me-foodie! She is very adventurous when it comes to food. She will try just about anything if I talk it up and tell her that it is delicious. She loves to help me in the kitchen. Although I think she is careful, letting her use a knife kind of freaks me out. I found a "lettuce knife" at TJ Maxx for her. I got her her own cutting boards at Ikea and she is in Sous Chef heaven!


She really enjoys baking sweets! I do not like to bake at all. There are three reasons I don't like it.

#1 I don't like to measure.

#2 I don't like to follow recipes.

#3 I don't like to have sweets in the house because I would rather waste calories on savory seconds than dinner and dessert. I'm just not a big dessert fan!

Every once in a while I give in and do a little baking with her. It only happens a couple times a year. This was for Valentine's Day and she actually found the recipe online on NickJr.com, printed it herself, brought it to me and asked me if we could please make these for her classmates. I just couldn't resist! I could have copped out at bought a box mix, added egg and water and baked it but I didn't. I followed her recipe (after she got back online, found it and reprinted it because I lost it somehow...oops). We had fun and they actually tasted good and looked super cute!


I look forward to many, many years of fun in my kitchen with this little lady!!!











No comments: