Search This Blog

04 April, 2012

Thai Taco

Ummmm....Yummmm!

Ground pork always puts me in an Asian food mood. If I'd planned ahead better I would have made my dumplings but since I didn't have any wonton wraps I just made a similar meat recipe. I love to play with ingredients.

Mix 1 lb Lean Ground Pork with:
1/8 C Soy Sauce
2 T Hoisin
2 T Oyster Sauce
2 T Sriracha
2 T Agave Syrup
1 tsp Fish Sauce
A dash of: Ground Ginger, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper and Chinese 5 Spice
A handful of: Chinese Chives, Green Onion and Thai Basil

Let this sit covered in the fridge for an hour or so. I always test the flavor of the meat by cooking a 2 bite piece in a skillet to make sure it doesn't need any additional spices.

Patty up a burger, sear in a non-stick pan and stuff into a whole wheat pita with lettuce, bean sprouts, thai basil and top with Sriracha mayo!

SOO gOOd!

No comments: