Search This Blog

29 January, 2011

Seafood!!!!!!



I love seafood but we don’t have a seafood market in Findlay that sells good fresh seafood so we don't eat a whole lot of it.  Matt and I went to Rohr Fish Market on Monroe St. in Toledo this morning.  It was seafood heaven!  I wanted to get one of everything.  All of the fish was fresh and very high quality.  We got salmon, swordfish, ahi tuna, sea scallops, grouper and giant prawns.  I decided that we needed to have a seafood feast for dinner tonight.  I kept all of the preparation real simple.  It was delicious!!! 







Shrimp Scampi
3 giant prawns/shrimp peeled and deveined, season both sides with a little salt and pepper
In a sauce pan mix:
1 garlic clove minced
2 T butter
2 T white wine
I simmered this on very low heat for about 20 min. to let the garlic infuse the butter.  Turn the heat up to med. high and cook the shrimp just until cooked through (maybe 2 min on each side).  Serve in a serving with garlic butter sauce. 

Asian Marinated Salmon
1 T Dijon or Course ground mustard
1 T honey or agave syrup
1 T soy sauce
Dash of sesame oil
Marinate in a zip lock bag for at least 2 hours.  Sear in a skillet, skin side first, for about 3 min. on each side.  The honey and soy sauce in the marinade will caramelize and make a nice dark brown sweet crust on the surface.  Cook longer on lower heat if you want it done more than medium rare. 
Sea Scallops in Brown Butter
2 T butter cooked slowly in a pan until it turns a golden brown color
3 or more Sea Scallops seasoned with salt on both sides
Add to pan w/ brown butter and sear on each side for about 2 min.
Broiled Lemon Pepper Grouper
1 Grouper fillet placed in a shallow baking dish coated with olive oil.  Brush top with olive oil and season with lemon pepper or favorite seafood seasoning.  I used Seafood Seasoning from the Alden Mill House in northern Michigan. 


I served this with a Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Fennel recipe that I stole from my friend Cory.  Thanks Cory....hope you don't mind me sharing!  This was a nice, light, healthy meal!!!! 
Enjoy!!!!

I can't wait to fix the swordfish and tuna steaks!  

No comments: