Search This Blog

22 January, 2011

Filet Mignon w/ Blue Cheese Butter, Cheesy Polenta and Sauted Sugar Snap Peas



I’ve been craving beef….I like beef!  So, I made a trip to Toledo and hit up the best meat market in NW Ohio, House of Meats.  It also doesn’t hurt that it is the only place in Ohio that carries one of my favorite wines.  AND….I found a new favorite.  OK…enough about the wine.  Back to the food!  BEEF!  Filet Mignon to be exact! We don’t eat a lot of beef so I figure when we do I’m going to go all out.  It is actually a pretty simple, easy meal for the amazing goodness it offers! 
Pre-heat oven @ 400
Ingredients:
Beef Filet Mignon- I made 3 (1 for each of us and I chose the ones that were wrapped with bacon…because bacon makes everything better!)
Season lightly with salt, pepper, and garlic powder  
Sear in hot cast iron skillet for about 2 minutes on each side
Place iron skillet in the oven for about 15 min. for medium rare doneness (increase time in the oven if you want it done more but I do NOT recommend it….I like my meat pretty-n-pink inside!)
Blue Cheese Butter
¼ C. Blue Cheese
¼ C. Butter
Melt together and whisk until mixed
Use as a dipping sauce for Filet
Polenta- follow the simple cooking instructions. 
After done add ½ C. shredded havarti cheese, ¼ C. grated parmesan cheese, 2 Tbls. Butter and season with salt and pepper to taste. 
Sugar Snap Peas  - Clean and snap off the top and pull down to remove the string from the seam.
In a sauce or saute pan add:
1 Garlic Clove minced
1 Tbls. Butter
1 Tbls. Olive Oil
½ lb. cleaned sugar snap peas
Cover and saute for about 15 min. or until tender

Enjoy!!!!

No comments: