Search This Blog

06 February, 2012

Asian BBQ Pork over Vegetable Fried Rice


Monday night dinner with the Grandmas! 

My mom is disappointing me with her meat selections.  We had decided on seafood and she keeps buying meat.  I'm putting my foot down from now on.  I want to cook seafood, but this was a good substitute, I guess! 
Tonight I went the Asian route!


Step One: Slice boneless pork chops thin, across the grain.  Marinate in 1 part hoisin sauce, 1 part honey and 1/2 part rice wine vinegar.

Step Two: Cook brown rice either in a rice cooker or on the stove top. 

Step Three: Chop up lots of veggies, small.  Onions, Garlic, Mushrooms, Baby Bok Choy, Carrots, Green Onion, Edamame.  Cut broccoli in bigger pieces.

Step Four: Add a drizzle of both olive oil and sesame oil to a non-stick pan.  Saute chopped veggies until tender.  Add cooked brown rice, make a well in the middle, add two eggs, scramble and then incorporate into the veggies and rice.  Season with low sodium soy sauce.

Step Five:  In another non-stick pan drizzle a little olive and sesame oil.  Add broccoli, saute for a couple minutes, then add all of the marinated pork and sauce.  Saute until just done. 

Step Six:  Serve the pork and broccoli on top of the rice. Garnish with fresh cilantro.

Enjoy!







No comments: