Search This Blog

28 April, 2011

The Mexican Trifecta Perfecta!!!

Nothing makes me happier than having an idea that comes together even better than I imagined.

I have a freezer full of meat that needs to be used.  This morning I found 3 random zip lock bags...one with a steak, one with 3 pork chops and one with a split chicken breast.  I knew that Mexican was on the menu because I made homemade salsa yesterday.  I decided to use all three of them to try to turn them into a Mexican meat mixture of some sort. 

In a crock pot I added:
1 Sirloin Steak
3 Pork Chops w/ bone
1 Split Chicken Breast
All seasoned with Goya Adobo and Cumin
5 dashes of Liquid Smoke
1/2 Onion Chopped
1 Can Red Enchilada Sauce
1/2 Can of Water
Cook on high most of the day, remove meat, remove bones and chop meat, return to crock pot and juice!
Cook for a couple more hours on low until the meat is completely shredded. 
I could have honestly eaten this like a bowlful of chili with some cheese.  Mmmmmmmm!
I didn't though....I made tacos!

Steamed corn tortillas
Melted cheese
Shredded Meat
Fresh Cilantro
Green Onion
Lettuce
Homemade salsa
And of course I ate too many! 

No comments: