Search This Blog

13 May, 2012

A Taste of New Orleans

I was introduced to some good old fashion New Orleans comfort food. Rump roast, rice and green bean casserole are prepared quite different in cajun country than my northern roots have taught me. I like it! I will be adding these new dishes to my recipe box.

Beef Roast w/ Gravy - beef rump roast stuffed full of garlic, seared in an electric skillet with lots of onion and simmered in a flavor packed brown beef broth for 4 hours. Sliced thin and then added back into the thickened gravy. Amazing!

Green Bean and Artichoke Casserole - french cut green beans, artichoke hearts, olive oil, Italian bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Delicious!

Brown Rice - white rice, butter, beef consummé, and French onion soup baked to a piping hot, fantastic side dish.

No comments: