Search This Blog

11 March, 2012

One Pork Loin Roast - Six Quick Meals


I cooked a 6 lb. pork roast in the crock pot last Sunday.  I simply seasoned it with S&P, garlic powder and onion powder so that I could tweak the taste anyway that I wanted during the week, depending on my mood.  It seems that I was in an Asian/Mexican mood this week.  Well, most weeks I am.  Those are definitely my two favorite cuisines.  

Throughout the week I pulled out my bag of shredded pork and added to my meals for dinner.  I also took some for lunch a couple days.  

Pork Soft Tacos

Mix the meat with some taco sauce and layer on a tortilla with your favorite taco toppings.


Asian BBQ Pork Pizza

Mix meat in with a quick BBQ sauce made of hoisin, soy sauce, agave, and sriracha.  Layer on a pizza crust with cheese, green onions, sesame oil and fresh cilantro. 


Spicy Pork and Veggie Lo Mien

Make a stir fry of your favorite veggies.  Add hoisin, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce and of course lots of sriracha for the spicy.  Add in meat and lo mien noodles, mix and serve garnished with green onions and cilantro. 


Pork Pho

Chop up fresh veggies (I used mushrooms, carrots, bean sprouts, onion, green onion, cilantro, basil) add in pork meat, cooked rice noodles and boiling pho broth.  Don't forget the squeeze of lime and shot of sriracha at the end for a little heat. 


Pork Tostadas

Bake corn tortillas in the oven until they just turn brown and crispy.  Layer refried beans, taco sauce, pork, lettuce, cilantro, tomato, green onion, sweet peppers, cheese and more taco sauce.  These were requested by my 6 year old daughter.  We love our tostadas!


Pork Stir Fry over Rice Noodles

Saute fresh veggies (onion, garlic, ginger, red pepper, sweet peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, green onion, bean sprouts, snow peas, cilantro), add in pork.  Pour over stir fry sauce made with hoisin, soy sauce, oyter sauce, ponzu, agave and sriracha. (All of these flavors mix together so well.  Just play with the flavors as you mix them together.  It's fun!)  Simmer and serve over rice noodles.  


This week I baked a whole chicken.   
Quick week night chicken meals to follow.....

No comments: