Search This Blog

28 September, 2011

Tom Yum Paste


This is my new addiction. 
This hot, spicy and sour paste makes a great sauce for asian noodles. 
I just got this last week and have already used it for 3 meals. 
It can be added to any meat or veggie stir fry for an extra kick. 
 I have found that it also makes a great noodle soup base. 


Chop and saute any veggies or meat in a little olive and sesame oil with garlic, ginger and soy sauce.  Add some of the rice noodle water to deglase the pan and add in the Tom Yum Paste. 
It is very strong and only a small amount is needed to add huge flavor to any dish. 
I used about 1 T that made enough for 2 servings. 
Let the sauce simmer, add in the rice noodles and seve with fresh chopped cilantro and green onions.


Today I made it with chicken, mushrooms, snow peas, onion, garlic, ginger and rice noodles. 
 I made it extra saucy, almost like a soup.....SO good!!! 

No comments: