Search This Blog

15 September, 2011

Louisiana Shrimp & Scallop Pasta

If I haven't said it before, I could live on pasta! I love it!!! Any shape, style, flavor....love it! Seafood and spicy are also at the top of my food obsession list, so this dish is borderline perfect in my book!!

~~THE RECIPE~~

~Raw, peeled and deveined shrimp &
Scallops cleaned and dried, (as many as you want) season with S&P

~Brown in a large frying pan in a little butter and olive oil combo just until about medium doneness. Remove from pan, place in bowl, cover with foil and set aside.

~Add a little more olive oil, minced garlic, onion and grape tomatoes. Sauté until tender. (Mushrooms would be a great addition but I used all of mine on my pizza last night)

~Add 1 bottle of clam juice (more depending on how many your cooking for. I was only cooking for 2)

~Let simmer and reduce a little, add in about 1/2 C milk or heavy cream ( I used milk because it's all I had and it was good but heavy cream would make it much richer) Simmer again.

~Thicken with corn starch and water slurry.

~Add parmesan cheese, S&P to taste and then cayenne pepper and blackened seasoning to your desired Cajun heat level.

~Return shrimp and scallops to the pan, coat with sauce and serve over you favorite pasta.

~Top with chopped green onion or chives.

ENJOY!!!

No comments: