Search This Blog

05 January, 2014

Southwest Venison & Sweet Potato Hash w/ Poached Eggs

A cold winter morning calls for a hearty breakfast.  I love making hash.  It is a good way to use up veggies and leftover roast.  For this one I tried sweet potatoes.  They were surprisingly good with the all of the other savory components.  

Chopped and boil the sweet potato until tender.  
Chop onion, garlic, mushrooms and roast. 
Season with S&P, oregano and a little chipotle chili powder.
Sauté everything in a little EVOO until it all has a little brown crisp on the edges.

Plate a top with eggs of your choice.  I love, love, love poached eggs so I tend to use them a lot.  They also look good in the pictures! :) 

On the side I served some crispy baked corn tortillias wedges. 


Enjoy!

No comments: