Search This Blog

12 January, 2014

Apple Cinnamon Refrigerator Oats


I am not a huge oatmeal fan but thought this would be worth a try.  My mornings are hectic and to have something like this to grab as I rush out the door would be perfect.  I bought a case of Ball mason jars.  They are 2 cup jars.  

In each jar I added:

1/2 C Old Fashion Thick Rolled Oats
2/3 C Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
2 Tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt 0%
2 1/2 Tsp Chia Seeds
1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
1/2 Chopped Gala Apple
A couple dashes of Cinnamon 

Cap it, shake it and refrigerate it! 

The next day the oats have absorbed all of the liquid and softened.  They were pretty pasty so I added about 2-3 Tbsp of the Almond Milk to thin it out a little bit.  They are delicious!  I will definitely be making more and experimenting with different fruit combinations.  This is a perfect breakfast with all of the nutrients you will need to start your day off right. 

Enjoy! 

1 comment:

Alysnlee said...

Blueberry and honey was not as delicious as this apple cinnamon