Search This Blog

11 August, 2011

Grilled Chicken Gyro w/ Homemade Tzatziki Sauce



I needed my kitchen today!  It's like I have withdrawal symptoms if I go to long without cooking!  WEIRD!

Anyways.....so I cooked, what I'm affectionately calling, a gyro.  Really I was just craving the creamy sauce and needed something to put it on....that's where the gyro comes in.

I marinated and grilled a couple boneless skinless chicken breasts.  On top of a low carb, high fiber tortilla (in place of the pita) I piled lettuce, onion, tomato, sliced grilled chicken and tzatziki sauce.  It was delicious! 

Here's how to make the sauce:

1 small container FF Greek Yogurt
1/2 cucumber diced very small
12 mint leaves finely julienned
Juice of 1/4 of a lime
Salt to taste
Add just a dash of sugar...it was good!

No comments: