Search This Blog

10 May, 2011

Beef and Veggie Stir Fry w/ Shirataki Noodles


After finding the noodles I HAD to try them tonight.  I started a beef roast in the crock pot this morning so I needed to use some of that meat with the noodles.  Beef, veggies, noodles.....stir fry it is!!!


To prep the noodles I drained and rinsed them in a colander for about 5 minutes, spread them out on a clean kitchen towel and let then dry off a little bit. 

Stir fry sauce
1/4 C Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1/4 C Sweet Chili Sauce
1/4 tsp. Sesame Oil
3 T Water
Mix together in a bowl, add noodles and let sit for 5 min.

Shred beef and add to noodles and let sit for another 5 min. while veggies cook.

Steam fresh chopped veggies in a non-stick frying pan with a little water and fresh ginger until they are tender and the water is almost completely gone.  I used the only things I could find in my fridge and freezer: peas, edamame, bok choy and green onions. 

Add in the noodles and beef, simmer to heat through and serve. 

I added some Sriracha to mine because I love to have my mouth and lips on fire! 

This was such a simple meal and could be made with any meat or veggies!!

No comments: