Search This Blog

18 December, 2011

Vegitarian Nachos




I decided to clean out my random stash of beans. 
With a little help from the legume expert, Cory,
we have given it our best guess on what beans I used for these re-fried beans. 
I soaked them overnight, added 1/2 onion, 2 garlic cloves, S&P, a dash of cumin, , oregano, chili powder and cayenne pepper and boiled them for about 2 hours until soft. 
Then I pureed them in a food processor.

I also made a spice pepper salsa. 
Saute in olive oil:
 1/2 onion
2 garlic cloves minced
1/3 red and yellow pepper
After tender add in one can of drained Rotel tomatoes
Simmer down
Puree and serve warm or cold on cheese nachos with refried beans.

2 comments:

Cory Lynn said...

Yum! I love recipes that clean out the fridge. (and maybe your digestive system). I am totally going to try this.

Alysnlee said...

beanz ARE the magical fruit!