Search This Blog

17 February, 2014

Sautéed Organic Golden Beet Greens


As I was starting to throw the greens from my golden beets away, I remembered seeing a dish with beet greens as a side.  I looked up a couple recipes and decided to give them a try.  They have a nice soft texture and very mild flavor.  They were a hit in my house.

Pull the green leaves off of the stalks, rinse and then boil for 2 mins in lightly salted water.  Drain and place in cold water to stop the cooking.  In a sauté pan melt some coconut oil, 1 clove of minced garlic and a dash or two of crushed red pepper.  Sauté for just a min and add the drained, chopped greens and sauté for just a minute more until hot.  Season with S&P to taste.  Serve with fresh lemon slices. 

I will definitely make these anytime I'm able to get my hands on organic beets.  Delicious!!! 

No comments: